Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a talented and experienced developer to help build our new AGI lab.
In this role you will
- Work with the research team to develop and refine our roadmap
- Have a great deal of responsibility for the outcome of this endeavor
- Help architect and design the systems we build
- Implement complex and interesting systems with a focus on scalability, maintainability, correctness and performance
- Examples of the types of systems that we are building include; complex models of neural architecture, training environments for our agents, a distributed framework for evolving our model, and scaling up our model
- Contribute to the technical and cultural foundations of our high caliber engineering team
This describes you
- Self motivated
- 5+ years real-world experience developing software
- Excited about the potential of AGI
- Some familiarity with the state of the field but super deep knowledge isn’t required
- Entrepreneurial minded. Have scaled unique technology or products and thrive in a high paced environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
- Experience building components that are reusable, extensible, and modular
- Enthusiasm for working on a small, growing team in a startup environment
- Familiarity with Go a plus
Logistics and other Details
- Please read the description of the project
- The lab is based in Berkeley.
- In person team. We believe with this kind of work that benefits highly from collaboration and serendipity it is much better to work in person.
- The team will grow to around 20 exceptional people, mostly engineers.
- Everything is open source until there are safety concerns.
- The code is mostly in Go.
- The lab may occasionally publish but that certainly isn’t the goal. The work will be driven by the goal and not fitting things into publishable form or for particular journals. But in the cases when it makes sense we will publish. That said we are supportive of the idea of our work being open except in the cases where there are AGI safety concerns.
- We will periodically generate arXiv level documents summarizing progress, in a succinct, accessible format.
If interested please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org